Friday, July 2, 2010

Milani Molten Rock

Happy Friday all!  The family and I are currently on our way up to Western NY to visit our families.  We haven't been there since the holidays, so it's a much needed vacation. 
Last week I found out that I did not get a job I interviewed for.  I'm trying to move to another school district.  We'd like to be closer to my husband's job in DC (his commute is about 90 minutes each way), and I want to be able to teach a certain course.  I was a little bummed, but it wasn't unexpected either.  DH decided to buy me this nail polish to make me feel better...what a well trained hubby!  He picked it out because he liked the color, and it was shimmery, which he knows I tend to prefer.
Indoors, I would describe Molten Rock as a teal color, but outdoors it transforms to a really neat looking blue:


The top is indoors, the bottom is outdoors.

Another angle:



Again, top is indoors, bottom is outdoors

I used three coats of Molten Rock...the wear has been fantastic...this last picture was taken 4 days after I applied it:


See?  Barely any tip wear...

Have a great holiday weekend everyone...what do you have planned?

2 comments:

Ali'sNailNews said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the job you wanted. :-( That's never fun to hear. I hope things end up working out for you.

That was super nice of your husband to get you polish! He got a great color too! I have been trying to find this polish for what seems like forever! In fact, I was out again looking today. No luck. Ugh. I will find it! lol! It does look great on you. :-)

I hope you have a good vacation.

Jen said...

Thanks!
I don't know what happening with Front Royal suddenly getting polish that's hard to find everywhere else. I remember when Opulent Cloud came out, I had people in three different states looking for it. My MIL in Western NY finally found it and sent it to me.
Since I'm up in Niagara Falls for a few days, I'll keep my eye out for some more of the polishes that have been difficult to run across.