Monday, August 9, 2010

OPI Russian Navy

Hello all...happy Monday!  Today is my parents 35th anniversary...WOW!  You go mom and dad!  On the downside, it would have also been the anniversary of a couple that the hubby and I are friends with, but they are currently going through a divorce.  It's so sad to watch, but they both seem really happy and at peace with the decision, so I guess that's all we can hope for. 

Onto less depressing discussion...

I was digging around my untried box (or ONE of my untried boxes) and found this baby.  I can't believe that I've never worn it!!  I love blue for crying out loud!  This is such a DARK blue, but not one of those dark blues that would be mistaken for black.


Russian Navy was released in fall/winter 2007 in the Russian Collection.  It's a very dark navy blue, but with tiny blue/pink/purple shimmer.  In the right light you can see the sheen of purple.  So pretty!!!  The pigmentation is great, and it applies so SMOOTHLY. 


You'll have to click on these pictures to enlarge them to see the shimmer.  I tried to sharpen these up a bit so you can see it.
Beautiful, don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

AggiePigeon said...

This color is fab, I have the matte version, not quite as stunning. Sorry to hear about your friends.

Jen said...

Thanks...Yesterday was rough for them, but they're going ok. The whole situation is so one sided (she's doing ok $$ wise, he's not) that I get angry, but what am I going to do?
Thanks for commenting!

Zara said...

Gorgeous! I've wanted this color for a while, but haven't gotten it for some reason...

I'm sorry to hear about your friends. But, congratulations to your parents!

Jen said...

Zara, you might be able to find it in a dusty...not sure how availability is elsewhere...Let me know!