Friday, August 20, 2010

Chanel Paradoxal

Well...here it is!  Any of you who follow me on twitter witnessed my excitement when I bought this.  I think I was more surprised that I found more than anything.  I know you've seen picture after picture of this...but you know what...I'm posting it anyway!  :)


Other this, I only have one other Chanel nail polish (Kaleidoscope).  I have a problem paying $20+ for nail polish, but I kept seeing more and more pictures of this and wanted it more and more.  I went into Macy's (and hour away from me) and figured, well if they even have it, I'll think about it.  I stood there looking at their nail polish display and there was no Paradoxal.  I was with my cousin and my boys at the time...I was about to walk away when the Chanel lady said "oh we have these as well".  I looked at my cousin and told her that I was weak....as soon as I found out they had it, I knew I would get it.  lol

You can see some of the purple shimmer in the bottle in the bottom picture.  And that's how it looks on your nails in the sunshine...inside it's a dark taupe and you don't see the shimmer at all.  In this next picture I used my flash to capture it...sorry for the washed out looking picture:


I found this a little hard to apply.  The brush seemed like it didn't want to listen to me and the formula was thicker that I would like.  I ended up using 3 coats to get even coverage, but they were three THICK coats.
In other news, I used Nubar Diamont top coat for the first time with this mani.  So far I really like it.   I felt it dried really quickly and it didn't give me the shrinkage that Seche Vite (my HG) does.  I'm going to give it some time and decide whether or not I'm going to switch...don't want to be too hasty about these things!

Well, this was the last full week of my summer vacation. What a busy week too. Tuesday we had some friends over for a bbq and video games...they were my husband's friends obviously, and yesterday we drove to Richmond to take the kids to see the Wiggles. They were so cute! My youngest, K, sat on Daddy's lap and danced to every song.  My oldest, R, was in awe of the whole experience. Next week, the kids will be back at daycare, and then on Thursday I go back to school. Teachers report on Thursday, but we don't get students until after Labor Day...so it won't be too bad yet. Hehe.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

styrch said...

Interesting. Looks like you're getting more of a brown-taupe finish than I did according to your picture. maybe it's my monitor. Personally, I wasn't as impressed with this one. Kaleidoscope is my fav Chanel by far. They will have to kick out one heck of an awesome color to top that for me.

Jen said...

I would say brownish/purple taupe...but you're right, definately leaning more towards brown. I like it...but I like Kaleidoscope better. It's a lot to pay though, so I agree that the color needs to be something spectacular! :)