Friday, January 14, 2011

Guess What I've Been Up To?

Remember back a few weeks ago when I mentioned the dress I'm supposed to wear in my brothers wedding and how uncomfortable I was about it? Well, I think it's exactly what I needed to get my butt in gear and do something about my weight, instead of always complaining about it. Last week I joined Weight Watchers and had my first weigh-in last night. I lost 3 pounds!!!
So what did I change?  Well, I've cut down on my consumption of diet pop.  I used to drink about 4 cans of Diet Pepsi a day.  Now I'm down to 1 or 2, and hopefully I'll be able to cut it down even more over time.  I've upped my water intake to 64 ounces a day, and I'm hoping this week to increase it even more.  I've been on plan most days this week.  I did take a day off the day of K's 2nd birthday party, but I've been pretty good about getting my whole grains and protein, plus I'm eating a ton more fruits and veggies.
I'm pretty encouraged though.  I have a lot more to lose, but I'm focusing on small goals.  The first goal is 5% weight loss.  Next on the list is to get more exercise.  I LOOOVE doing EA Active, but right now our Wii isn't hooked up to the TV and DH keeps forgetting to get a new cord, and I keep forgetting to remind him.  So I told him last night after my meeting, that it's our big goal this week.  Get the darn thing hooked up so I can get moving again!
So are any of you on WW?  Any tips or advice?

Thanks for listening...I'll keep you all updated!

10 comments:

Olivia said...

Good luck! My mom does Weight Watchers and it has helped her a lot so I hope you have the same success! xoxo

Danielle said...

Thants great! I'm glad that you are trying hard and seeing results. Don't get discouraged and keep up the good work :)

hatkeysilently said...

my advice is to read this

http://kateharding.net/2007/04/12/diets-dont-work-but/

Zara said...

I've never really been attracted to Weight Watchers, but I'm glad you're having success! Keep up the great work!

Alexis said...

wooohoo!

Anonymous said...

So glad it's working! Post more !! :D :)

Munia's Nails said...

I am on WW and have had success! I joined Sept. 2010 and by Feb of 2011 I lost 15 lbs. I have since stopped and gained it back but am doing it again and lost 5 lbs so far!

Munia's Nails said...

Ok so I just noticed this post was from Jan and it's November now *sigh* oh well! How is it working for you now? If you don't mind me asking!

Unknown said...

You go girl! I don't know anybody who is on weight watchers personally but I've heard a lots of good things. As for tips. I always reminds myself to drink lots of water and to eat fruit instead of candy when I'm craving something sweet. Strawberries, kiwi and pineapple are my go to fruits. =) Keep up the good work =)

Unknown said...

How did it go?