Thursday, February 19, 2009

Biotin

I'm needing me some biotin. Us nail freaks know that it grows our nails long and strong. I'm just not sure if I can take it while nursing my son. I'm trying to find out, and the minute that I hear I can I will be running out to Rite-Aid to get some. People think that it's the prenatal vitamins that help grow your nails when you're pregnant. It's actually not true...while they do help, it's the hormones. I've been on pre-natals for the better part of 6 years. Between TRYING to get pregnant the first time, to being pregnant, nursing Riley for a year, and then getting pregnant about 6 months after I was done nursing Riley...All that time though my nails only grew REALLY well when I was either on biotin or had those wonderful pregnancy hormones helping.

I also have some problem nails that I need help with. My thumbs both consistantly split along the sides. I've tried the popular silk wrap patch. For some reason it doesn't work for me. I just split through that, resin and all. I also have an index fingernail that starts to curl in on one side when it gets too long. It's almost like one side of the nail grows faster than the other. There is even a ridge that goes down the nail where I think the difference is. Other than these nails, I can grow them pretty well as long as I'm keeping them polished and taking care of them. VERY frustrating!

So, does anyone know about the biotin? Can I take it while nursing?

No comments: